|All-in battery packages with a 2-year warranty, new premium cabin filter are now available to Ford customers.|
More than a year since the pandemic led to a series of lockdowns, many of us are longing to head out after spending a lot of time at home. As restrictions are eased, more people are moving around and taking their personal vehicles back on the road for work, leisure, or a mix of both.
However, with months of restrictive travel, it is possible that your vehicle has been left unused for extended durations, exposing it to a greater risk of damage if unchecked or unmaintained. A vehicle breakdown is a nightmare to many, let alone the long-term damage that comes with it. And it doesn’t help that it’s officially typhoon season, raising more risks for one’s safety while on the road.
Fortunately, worst-case scenarios like these are completely avoidable by taking the proper measures to take care of your vehicle on a regular basis. Leading automotive manufacturers like Ford equip their dealers nationwide with the global standard capability to best service and maintain Ford vehicles. Here are maintenance tips from Ford in order to assure the optimal performance and quality of Ford vehicles.
• Follow regular PMS schedule. All Ford owners are encouraged to follow their periodic maintenance service (PMS) schedule. During these checks, Ford-approved fluids, filters, and genuine parts are used by qualified Ford technicians. This is especially important if you have not used your Ford vehicle for a long period of time.
• Familiarize yourself with the Vehicle Report Card. Every time you leave your Ford vehicle at a dealership, you will receive your Vehicle Report Card (VRC), a comprehensive health check summary of your vehicle’s key wear and tear parts and systems, allowing you to know which parts need immediate replacement.
• Look after your vehicle parts. It is equally important to look after your vehicle’s replaceable parts, as by design, these would need to be replaced regularly compared to others. Changing your battery and air cabin filter is crucial nowadays, especially with the rainy season and the ongoing pandemic.
To help Ford owners who need these parts replacements, Ford Philippines is launching a limited all-in battery package offering and a new cabin filter available on select Ford vehicles.
• The all-in battery package is available to customers with a Ford Focus, Ford Fiesta, Ford EcoSport, Ford Ranger, or Ford Everest, and already includes parts and labor costs at a promotional price that starts at P6,300. All parts of eligible Ford vehicles covered by the promotion automatically come with a 24-month warranty.
• Ford has also unveiled its Motorcraft micronAir proTect Cabin Filter, a premium cabin filter that offers superior filtering functionality at a competitive price point. This is available to Ford Ranger and Everest models (the model year 2015 onwards) as an upgrade to the standard cabin filter. The micronAir filter is effective against nearly 100% of allergens of 2 microns size or larger, and against small micro-organisms such as bacteria and fungal spores. It is also capable of filtering against threats inside the vehicle with 99.9% effectiveness at inactivating viruses such as Swine Flu (H1N1) and HCov-229E that come into contact with the special active layer.
“Spending time to care for your vehicle goes a long way in ensuring that you and your loved ones are safe and protected as you head back on the road. With the various offerings we have in place, our customers can expect to get more value out of their Ford vehicles as we continue to enhance the overall ownership experience,” shares Jen Comia-Hernandez, director, Ford Customer Service Division.
To know more about Ford’s various aftersales offerings, visit the Ford Philippines website or a Ford dealer nearest you.
Posted by Arabelle Jimenez